When the temperature drops you need to find ways to keep your plants warm in a greenhouse, whilst greenhouse heaters are common there are more natural ways to harvest some heat.
- Line the windows with bubblewrap. Bubble wrap makes a a great insulator and will also let in light.
- Fill bottles or containers that are painted black with water, these will absorb light during the day, heating the water and allowing the heat to radiate after the sun goes down.
- Burn a candle in a terracotta pot, terracotta naturally holds heat ad slowly radiates it out – don’t leave candles unattended though.
- Place thick piles of leaves between greenhouse borders or pots to insulate plant roots from the cold.
- Solar powered lights can be placed around pots and plants, as long as the lights are not LED the bulbs will give off small amounts of heat.